A Message from Matt Salo, NAMD Executive Director
NAMD 2020 Virtual Conference:
Together Towards the Future
November 9 – 11, 2020
Dear NAMD Community,
We hope our email finds you and your family safe and well.
In mid-June we announced a plan for a new approach to the NAMD 2020 Fall Conference that included both an in-person and virtual conference. At that time, we were hopeful about the opportunity to assemble a group of attendees in Washington DC. We are navigating a complicated and unpredictable terrain, one in which we have been required to evaluate on an almost constant basis to ensure the health and wellbeing of our attendees, while also ensuring we have the space to create a conference that lives up to the expectations of all stakeholders. As such, we have decided to cancel the in-person portion of the conference scheduled to be held in Washington DC and instead organize a fully virtual meeting for 2020.
We are pleased to introduce our revised concept for the Fall 2020 conference – NAMD 2020 Virtual Conference: Together Towards the Future.
Advancing Medicaid and the work Medicaid Directors and their staff are tasked with has never been more important. We want you to be a part of this meeting as we shape the future, together.
What can you expect from NAMD 2020 Virtual Conference: Together Towards the Future?
- Content developed and delivered by Medicaid Directors, alumni, and thought leaders from across the Medicaid industry
- Sessions from health policy experts addressing critical issues that have a national impact
- Fireside Chats with Medicaid Directors
- Member Spotlights highlighting the impact of major events in 2020 on Medicaid members and how their worlds have changed
- A virtual exhibit hall and sponsor engagements designed for meaningful one-on-one interactions to discuss specific needs and problems. Using AI software, this year we will be able to offer sponsors a unique opportunity to connect with Medicaid Directors and their staff in a more targeted and curated way.
- The NAMD Virtual Library, a collection of resources and educational tools allowing states, the federal government and industry partners the opportunity to share critical information as we all work to maintain the viability of Medicaid for future generations
- And of course, NAMD would not be complete without our networking opportunities so that even virtually, we can reflect, reconnect and recharge with colleagues
A preview of the virtual program:
- The program will take place as scheduled, Monday, November 9 – Wednesday, November 11. Please stay tuned for a full agenda.
- Our State-only day will be hosted on Monday, November 9. As in years past, this portion of the program is open to Medicaid Directors and state staff only.
- Monday evening, we will kick-off the full conference with the opening of the Exhibit Hall and an exclusive opportunity for sponsors to participate in Medicaid Director Meet and Greets.
- Tuesday and Wednesday, we will host our first ever NAMD Wellness Challenges bringing together participants from across the country for a virtual ride, run or yoga. Details to be announced soon!
- Evening Networking Opportunities – Because even though we won’t be able to connect in-person, we will still be able to bring the NAMD community together in a variety of meaningful ways.
We look forward to seeing you at NAMD 2020 Virtual Conference: Together Towards the Future. On behalf of the NAMD Board of Directors, we wish the best to you, your families, and communities during these challenging times.
NAMD Executive Director